A princely garden house above the historic town
High above Meersburg's upper town, the Prince's Little House looks out toward the New Palace. A hill of vines: This was what the hill vineyard looked like when the house was built. It was constructed around 1600 for Canon Jakob Fugger, who became Prince-Bishop Jakob Fugger shortly thereafter. This is where this garden house gets its name. The prince-bishops used the garden house until the early 19th century, when the secular residence in Meersburg was abolished.